Photo: Supplied by Miss South Africa Organisation,
- On Saturday, Miss South Africa Shudufhadzo Musida will be doing two book signings in Cape Town.
- A reprint of Shudu Finds Her Magic has already been ordered, after the book went on sale earlier this month.
- The 25-year-old has chosen her book as part of her Beauty with a Purpose project for Miss World 2021 and will be taking a special Spanish edition with her.
Miss South Africa Shudufhadzo Musida is currently in Cape Town to promote her new children’s book Shudu Finds Her Magic.
The book is already a best-seller, says the Miss South Africa Organisation. It only went into bookstores at the beginning of the month, and a reprint has already been ordered.
On Saturday 18 September, she will be doing the following two book signings:
- 10:30 at Exclusive Books in Cavendish Square
- 14:30 at Exclusive Books in Canal Walk
Published by Jacana Media, Shudu Finds Her Magic is available in six languages and includes colourful illustrations by Chantelle and Burgen Thorne.
The book, which is aimed at children aged between four and nine years of age, is inspired by Musida’s own childhood and the bullying she experienced when she moved to a new province and a new school.
Shudu Finds Her Magic – which retails at R95 – is available in Afrikaans (Shudu Vind Haar Sprankel), English (Shudu Finds Her Magic), Sesotho (Shudu O Sibolla Boikgetho ba hae), Venda (Shudu u wana Vhu?olo Hawe), Xhosa (uShudu u Fumanisa ukuba UnoMlingo) and Zulu (uShudu Uthola Umlingo Wakhe).
The 25-year-old has chosen her book as part of her Beauty with a Purpose project for Miss World 2021. As the reigning Miss South Africa 2020, she will be participating in the 70th edition of the Miss World pageant to be held on 16 December 2021 at the Coca-Cola Music Hall in San Juan, Puerto Rico. She will be taking along a special Spanish edition with her.
We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred
In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can
trust. For only R75 per month, you have access to
a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism,
top opinions and a range of features. Journalism
strengthens democracy. Invest in the future today.