Following these easy hacks from a sleep expert can help you fall asleep in as little as five minutes – why not try it out if you’re struggling to sleep tonight?
Image: Getty Images)
Soon you might start to look at the time and count down the hours until you have to be awake.
Luckily, Natural health expert and chemist Dr Tim Bond from Dragonfly CBD has shared an incredible hack to help you fall asleep in just five minute.
He told The Mirror: “There is an Irish proverb that says, ‘A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book’.
“Good sleep is vital. It allows your body and mind to recharge, leaving you refreshed and alert when you wake up.
“Healthy sleep also helps the body remain healthy and stave off diseases and, without enough sleep, the brain can’t function properly, affecting concentration, clear thinking, and memory processing.”
How to fall asleep in five minutes
For your best chance at falling asleep just five minutes after your head hits the pillow, follow these steps.
- Sit or lie on your bed and slowly relax every muscle in your body.
- Start with your face, tense the muscles and then let them relax and loosen naturally.
- Drop your shoulders to release any tension and let your hands drop to the side of your body.
- Breathe out, relaxing your chest. Relax your legs, thighs and calves.
- Repeat this exercise until your body feels completely at ease. Push all thoughts out of your head. When your brain feels completely clear, picture yourself in a relaxing situation.
- You are sitting on a balcony looking at a calm sea view on a sunny day
- You are rocking gently back and forth in a rocking chair in a darkened room
- You are floating on your back in a swimming pool
- Or you can use any other relaxing scene that works for you. If this doesn’t work try saying the words “don’t think, don’t think” over and over and you should be asleep in 10 seconds
Dr Bond added: “And don’t forget, for fast, natural snooze a few drops of Dragonfly CBD ticks all the boxes for helping you feel relaxed and improving sleep, plus it works rapidly.
“Dragonfly CBD oil has been hown to reduce conditioned fear and anxiety too which often stop people from getting to sleep fast, and the World Health Organization has recognised that CBD helps with insomnia.”
Other sleep tips
In addition to following these tips, it’s important to understand that routine and exercise is crucial to getting a good night’s sleep.
Routine is incredibly important, because if you keep to your regular sleep times your body will know what it should be doing.
Dr Bond added: “Winding down before bedtime will also help to prepare you. As part of your routine include elements of relaxation that suit you (e.g. warm bath; listening to an audio book or some favourite tunes), reduce screen time, and give mindfulness a try.”
If you can, Dr Bond recommends getting some daily exercise in, which will “help release endorphins,” which is the happiness hormone.
This will make “us feel better and more equipped to handle things, which in turn will give us a calmer mind when it comes to sleep”.
He added: “Gentle relaxation exercises (such as light yoga stretches) before bedtime can also prove to be very useful, as they relax our muscles, getting us ready for rest.”