Guests were heard screaming and running for cover as smoke began to engulf the wedding reception in the viral video. Staff can be seen trying to fight the flames with extinguishers
A couple’s wedding reception went up in flames as the indoor fireworks display turned into a raging fire after decorations ignited.
The bride and groom were filmed showing their moves on the dancefloor and the scene was set with some fireworks going off on stage.
But it soon got too hot to handle as decorations became lit from the sparks and led to a blaze.
The couple along with the guests were forced to run for cover in the video widely shared on Reddit.
Staff can be seen trying to put out the flames with extinguishers but they were fighting a losing battle with the force of the fire.
At first the location had appeared the perfect setting for the couple to celebrate after tying the knot but it had turned into chaos with guests screaming as the venue became engulfed in smoke.
With the video going viral on Reddit many comments pointed to the likelihood of a fire with the fireworks and plenty of dried flowers and paper streamers in the room.
More than 3,500 people commented on the video called “Indoor fireworks before first dance”.
One person wrote: ““Real f***ing genius planning there.”
Another wrote: “Like … did they forget about all of the very flammable cloth decor above?”
A third added: “I have a burning question.. what the hell were they thinking?”
Some people did point to how nice the setting had appeared before it all went badly wrong.
One wrote: “I think the wedding looked really beautiful, the decor, table setting, the way the guests were all dressed up. Too bad there was no common sense in the activity.”
Someone else responded: “I was hoping someone would crosspost this because no one was discussing how beautiful the whole wedding looked before they made a potentially fatal mistake.
“This is what happens when people get too caught up in spectacle. It’s why there’s a universal hatred for gender reveal parties.”